SOAR/Student Media/Cultural Arts and Diversity (SOMeCA) is dedicated to the success of UCSC's campus-wide student organizations, media, and government.
Student organizations, media, and government are unique learning environments, vital to the educational mission of the University. They offer students opportunities to engage their life experiences, their academic work, and their hopes for the future. They create programs and productions for the university that build community and campus-wide discourse.
SOMeCA helps student organizations, media, and government reach this potential. SOMeCA's professional and experienced staff offers instruction, mentorship, leadership training, organizational development advising, and project management to all students. SOMeCA:
• Helps students develop educational and professional pathways
• Increases students' sense of belonging and access to the campus-
• Advances student voice and leadership in university decision-
• Empowers students to foster diversity and civic engagement
• Facilitates the safe and successful production of student-initiated
SOMeCA services are designed through a process of continual assessment and improvement. SOMeCA staff actively seeks out the ideas of students and colleagues to ensure that SOMeCA services meet the changing needs of the UCSC student body.