Please review the Registration checklist and Guide to make sure you understand the Registration requirements. To complete the registration process for your organization for 2015-2016, your organization must:
1. Complete an “Application to Register” form: A minimum of 4 currently registered students need to read and sign the form, agreeing to serve as Authorized Representatives of the organization. The form will be avialable from the SOMeCA office on Sept. 14. Turn the completed form in to the SOMeCAoffice once you have completed Steps 1-3. (No scanned or FAXed copies please. Ink sigantures only)
2. Take the online orientation: All signers need to watch the Online Orientation videos and receive a 100% on the quiz. Click Here to view the Orientation Videos.
3. Complete or review your Constitution: If you are a continuing organization, you may choose to review your constitution on file at SOMeCA. If you are a new organization, a Constitution is required to register. You can reference how to create a Constitution (Instruction here) or use our helpful fill-in-the-blanks option (Found here).
Once your return the Registration form to the SOMeCA Office and the Office has verified that your organization has met these requirements, your organization has completed basic registraiton. You may now begin scheduling meetings with your advisor and coordinating your organization's programming.
If you are a Path 2 or Path 3 Organization, you have some additional resources and requirements:
4. RSVP for Leadership Trainings: Path 2 and Path 3 Organizations are required to attend the SOMeCA Leadership Trainings. In order to remian in good standing with your registration, you must RSVP for these trainings by Oct. 23. Please review the training dates and RSVP here.
Note: if you are an Authorized Representative and have already completed these trainings last year, you will not be required to attend again. Please contact SOMeCA to verify that you have completed the training.
5. Complete an Advisor Agreement: Please schedule a 1 hour meeting with your advisor and all of your Authorized Representatives through the SOMeCA office or by messaging your advisor directly. In order to remain in good standing with your registration, you must schedule this meeting by Oct. 23.
If you are a Path 3 Organization, you have some additional resources and requirements:
6. Financial Trainings: The financial Authorized Represetnative will be required to attend the financial training as this leader will manage and review the organization's transactions and finances. Pleasve review the training dates and RSVP here.
If you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to visit us. We are located on the 1st floor of the Cowell Apartment 2, Room 101 and we are open Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm and by appointment. You can also call the office at 831-459-2934 or email
. We look forward to seeing you.